I provide in-home consultation visits (Boulder, CO) during the first 12 weeks after baby is born. I offer Skype consultations as well. I am offering services to families at discounted rates while training.
Postnatal care includes:
- Breastfeeding Counseling/Latch And Positioning Help
- Understanding Baby Cues
- Diapering and Baby Care Sibling Support
- Light Housekeeping
- Resources & Referrals (massage, acupuncture, support groups, pediatric chiropractors, naturopaths, green baby goods, etc.)
- Non-judgmental support for family
- Sibling and Pet Adjustment
- Organize the home and nursery
- Take care of baby’s laundry
- Screen for postpartum mood disorders
- Sleeping solutions and how to get enough sleep in the first weeks
- Help create a nurturing & quiet environment for the family
- Assist the family by organizing offers of help from friends and extended family to create a structured flow of help
- Care for baby when parents want to shower, nap, or spend some special time with older child(ren)
- Hands-on education for infant and mama care
- Prepare pump supplies or bottles
- Babywearing assistance, education, and demonstrations
- Caring for mama as she recovers from birth
- Processing the birth experience
- Soothing Baby
- Evidence-based information on a variety of topics
- Meal Preparation
What is a postpartum doula?
Postpartum doulas are non-medical professionals designed to fill this gap with emotional and physical support during the life-changing transition to motherhood. Postpartum doulas help women step into their roles as mothers with confidence and satisfaction.
A supportive advisor and helper, professionally trained to provide postpartum support to the mother and her family.
Postpartum Doula Nurtures, Educates, Assess and Refers
- newborn care and family adjustment
- meal preparation
- light household tasks
Offers evidence based information on a variety of topics such as:
- emotional and physical recovery from childbirth
- infant soothing
- coping skills for new parents
- can make appropriate referrals when necessary
I am training with DONA international to become a Certified Postpartum Doula (CPD) to better serve newborn families in the first 12 weeks postnatal; mothers, fathers, babies, siblings, relatives, and pets.
2017: a year of in-depth trainings
In March, I attended my 3 day intensive training by DONA international by Jesse Remer. I completed my basic lactation management training; starting out successfully, overcoming breastfeeding difficulties, breast pump and breastmilk storage, breastfeeding the premature infant, alternative feeding methods and talking to mothers.
In June, I began my Childhood Vaccine Safety training. In August, I joined the Newborn Mothers Collective. Find out more about those trainings in detail here:
Please note: I am working on my name change (recently married!).
Please See my blog posts about postpartum doulas here:
Please see my inspirational photos below with pictures of my trainings, hands-onexperience, educational information, meal preparations and more!